Things to Know Before You Go
New Patient Intake Paperwork:
We will email you an online questionnaire prior to the day of your appointment, which will allow you the opportunity to fill out the majority of your Intake paperwork from the comfort of your own home. Filling out this information before your appointment will allow us to get your appointment started more quickly and efficiently.
What You’ll Need to Bring to Your Appointment:
When you arrive to your appointment, please be sure to bring:
- Photo ID
- Health Insurance card (Including Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plan ID cards)
- Vision Insurance card
- Medication list
Dilation versus Special Testing:
An eye exam is helpful not only to check your vision, but also your eye health. We have two options available to you, both of which allow Dr. Simpson to evaluate the health of your retina.
Eyes Of Texas offers state-of-the-art Retinal Imaging equipment to quickly obtain detailed photos of your retinas without any side effects, unlike dilation drops.
Dilation: (included in Routine Vision Exam)
Dilation is INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF YOUR EXAM, but you will most likely experience a few side effects from these eye drops, the most notable of which are:
- Blurred NEAR vision (DISTANCE vision will remain unaffected)
- Photophobia (light sensitivity)
These symptoms last approximately 4 to 6 hours after the drops are administered.
If, however, you wish to check the health of your eyes without experiencing side effects, you have options!
We offer the following THREE screening procedures as a package for only $59! (Value of $97)
- Retinal Imaging photos take a digital scan of the retina for general eye health. This is an excellent baseline information or to follow some diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma to name a few.
- OCT is a scan of all layers of the macula (central vision) which gives the sharpest vision. It often picks up macular issues before the patient notices any vision changes.
- Visual Fields measures central and side vision. It is recommended if you have headaches, diabetes, high blood pressure, spots or flashes of light, a high prescription, or a family history of glaucoma.
Please feel free to call or text Eyes Of Texas at 979-77-TEXAS (979-778-3927)
SERVICES WE OFFER
- Routine Vision Examinations for glasses and/or contact lenses.
- Medical Eye Examinations to treat medical conditions such as dry eyes, red eyes, Glaucoma, and Macular Degeneration.
- Urgent Examinations for emergency eye issues such as conjunctivitis and other eye illnesses, foreign bodies, corneal abrasions, Retinal tears, etc.
- Digital photo documentation to screen for and track eye health conditions.
- Specialty contact lens fittings for difficult prescriptions, myopia control, Keratoconus, Orthokeratology, and more.
- Lasik Surgery Pre/Op and Post/Op Care
Getting your vision assessed can be a bit intimidating for anyone but especially for younger patients. We offer a comfortable atmosphere for children 4 years of age and up to be examined and then explore the Kid Zone section of our boutique!
Your Eyes Of Texas is the only stop you will need to make when you need to get your vision checked, have your prescription fulfilled and get back to your busy schedule. We have an Optical Boutique and in-house lab containing a large stock of prescription lenses and finishing equipment to process many eyeglasses quickly.
To learn more about cataract surgery, refractive surgery or LASIK, please watch these videos.
Learn About LASIK
Slade & Baker Vision is located in Houston and offers state-of-the-art vision treatment procedures. Steven Slade, M.D. and Rick Baker, O.D. have provided improved vision for decades. Bennet Walton, M.D. and Shama Essa, O.D., have joined the practice to expand the focus. If there is any procedure that needs to be done to the front of the eye, they can do it. They have the equipment and expertise to perform treatments such as LASIK, SMILE, PRK, cataract lens implant, glaucoma treatment, and keratoconus cross-linking to name a few. Their doctors can discuss all areas for treatment, whether it be with laser, medical, or surgical.
Slade & Baker Vision is on the cutting edge, offering new procedures and technology for anything that affects the front of the eye. For instance, the new Light Adjusting Lens is a cataract surgery lens implant that can be adjusted with UV light after the procedure to fine-tune distance vision.